NBN and the Coronavirus
With many people now working from home due to COVID-19, the internet connection in your home is likely taking a harder hit than normal during business hours. And, with the current state of things being quite unknown, how long people will be working from home is up in the air - could it be a few weeks? A few months?
These are questions we can not answer, however it is important to make sure that your internet and NBN connection is properly set up for working from home - no one has time for constant drop-outs during meetings or the inability to access websites when you need them.
Tip - Locating your Wifi and NBN systems in a central position away from obstacles likely to interfere with the signal such as thick walls, metal objects (eg fridge door), the microwave, TV or hot water system will provide the best possible coverage.
So, we have put together a few things to consider and remember during this time - if you are having any issues, give a professional such as First Call Electrical a call and they can take a look to check everything is where it needs to be:
- If you don't have NBN at home, now is the time to seriously consider it (if it is available in your area).
- Check the internet plan you are on is best suited to your current needs - speak to your provider if you think something needs to change. Temporary options may be available just during this difficult time.
- Consider moving your router to a more central position.
- Have a registered data cabler check out the cabling in your home - you may find an update is necessary and your internet speed will get exponentially better.
- Be a little patient - there are a lot of people in the same position as you, with internet usage skyrocketing in residential areas, so be patient where possible.
First Call Electrical are able to help you with all your NBN needs during this uncertain time - simply fill out this booking form or give one of the licensed electricians a call on 1300 360 215 for further assistance.